Friday, April 22, 2011

Renewal...

For awhile now I've been covering up our ratty old rubber dish mat with an oversized kitchen towel...

The mat is a billion years old and should probably be thrown away but it's not recyclable and we don't want to add one more piece of junk to the landfill, so knitting will come to the rescue. I found inspiration at the Homespun Living blog...

but since I don't sew anymore, I searched for a knitting pattern instead and decided to use the Goldenrod Towel design (Ravelry Link)...

with a few alterations for size. My stitch count is 69 stitches on my 4.5mms (US7) and the final measurements are 15” x 22” (38 cm x 56 cm). I used a large skein of the Bernat Handicrafter so I can't give you the yarn requirements yet but I'll be making more of these and I'll let you know next time...
I'm so happy when I can fix something with my knitting...

My first trip to Steveston in two months and the scenery is as beautiful as ever...

The hydrangeas are green all over and I can't wait for the blue buds to start showing...

I'll wish you a happy Easter and hope to see you soon, dear reader.






'Do not wait for extraordinary circumstances to do good action; try to use ordinary situations.'
~ Jean Paul Richter